The fastest service is through the Online Portal for Ohio Benefits

Upcoming Events

We Hire Local - Linkedin & Networking 101
Participant Orientation Young Adult Resource Center
We Hire Local - How to Ace Phone Interviews
Cleveland Clinic Hiring Event Employer Talk
View Full Calendar

You are here: Home > Child Support Services > Courts


Domestic Relations Court

Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court handles divorces, dissolutions, legal separations, annulments, and domestic violence petitions. Cases with support orders are sent to the child support agency for collection, distribution and monitoring.  Child support can make recommendations to the Court regarding enforcement, modifications and terminations but the Court possesses “continuing” jurisdiction of its orders.  Domestic Relations Court does not handle marriage licenses or adoptions (handled by the Probate Court), or parenting and support issues involving children of unmarried parents (handled by the Juvenile Court).   To access the Domestic Relations Court Web Site, click here.

Juvenile Court

To Object to an Administrative Support Order

9300 Quincy Ave. 
Cleveland, Ohio
(216) 443-8400

The Ohio Rules of Juvenile Procedure, the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure, the Local Rules of Practice of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Juvenile Division, and applicable section of the Ohio Revised Code must be followed to file an action in Juvenile Court. THE CLERK’S OFFICE DOES NOT PROVIDE FORMS AND CANNOT ASSIST YOU WITH THE PREPARATION OF YOUR FILING. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CONTACT AN ATTORNEY FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may contact the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (216/696-3532), The Ohio Rules of Juvenile and Civil Procedure and the Ohio Revised Code are available for reference at the Cleveland Public Library (216/623-2860) and the Cuyahoga County Public Library (legal reference 216/475-5000). The Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court web page address is


  1. Pursuant to the Local Rule 46 of the Juvenile Division of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, every pleading shall contain a caption setting forth the name of the court, the title of the action, the case number, and a designation. In the complaint the title of the action shall include the names and addresses of all the parties, but in other pleadings it is sufficient to state the name of the first party on each side with an appropriate indication of other parties. All pleadings, motion, briefs, and other paper filed shall be on paper not exceeding 8 ½ x 11 inches in size and without backing or cover.
  2. Motions must be accompanied by either instruction for service, or a proof (certificate) of service. Objections and other pleadings must have a proof (certificate) of service pursuant to Civil Rule 5A & 5B.
  3. Pleadings, motions or other documents must be signed pursuant to Civil Rule 11.
  4. A uniform child custody affidavit must be filed in all child custody proceedings (excluding complaints for neglect, dependent and abused children). The affidavit must be on a form supplied by the court or must be in compliance with section 3109.27 of the Ohio Revised Code.
  5. A copy of The Administrative Child Support Order is required with all new Child Support filings.
Security for Costs (Rule 42)
Effective Date: November 2004

No civil action or proceeding shall be accepted by the Clerk for filing unless the party/parties filing the action shall have first deposited a sum to secure the payment of costs except as otherwise provided by law. Advance deposits shall be in accord with the following schedule:   

All New Filings


Motions to Determine Custody andd Visitation


All Other Post-Dispositional  Motions

$  25.00

Notice of Appeals

$  40.00


$320.00   (per tape)

Photo Copies

$      .05   (per page)

 Certified Copies

$    1.00   (per page)

 Affidavit for Service by Publication

$  30.00

 Service of Process via Foreign Sheriff

$  15.00

In cases with multiple parties, the Clerk may require the party requesting service to advance an amount to the Clerk to be sufficient to cover the costs.

A poverty affidavit filed in lieu of a cash deposit must state the reason for the inability to prepay costs and is subject to review at any stage of the proceedings.

Costs must be paid for all photocopies including requests via subpoenas.

Payments may be accepted by cash, check, or money order. If you are paying cash you must provide exact change