It's as easy as 1 - 2- 3
Need help with your Medicaid renewal?

The fastest service is through the Online Portal for Ohio Benefits

Upcoming Events

MetroHealth Cancer Care Center Health Fair
Highway Maintenance Worker Open House - ODOT District 12 Apprentice Program
Saturday Family Academy
Participant Orientation Youth Adult Resource Center
Speakers Bureau Workshop Medicaid Solutions
View Full Calendar

You are here: Home > Child Support Services > Enforcement > Obligor Responsibilities

Obligor Responsibilities

(Party paying support)

  • Inform OCSS of any changes in your or the Obligee’s address, phone number, and/or employment status etc.
  • Pay your child support through OCSS. Do NOT make payments directly to the Obligee as OCSS is unable to give credit for direct payments. By law, direct payments are considered a gift.
  • You are responsible for paying your support obligation in full each month. If payments are not being received from an income source you must submit payments on your own through OCSPC. (See Payment Information sheet).
  • Inform OCSS of any of the following reasons why an order should terminate including, but not limited to: emancipation of the child, death of any party (child, Obligor or Obligee), permanent disability of the Obligor, any party becomes incarcerated, child on order is placed in the custody of Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS) or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and/or child becomes eligible as a dependant of Obligor for income through Social Security or Veterans’ Benefits.
  • Provide OCSS with supporting documents to complete emancipation process such as: copy of high school diploma or withdrawal letter from school when the child reaches age 18, proof of enlistment in the armed forces, court orders showing change in legal custody or adoption of the child, and/or certificate showing marriage of the child.
  • Enroll the child in health insurance plan if you are ordered to provide medical coverage for the child by the court/OCSS.
  • Provide OCSS with all copies of court/administrative orders which may affect your Support Order including but not limited to, changes in custody or Support Order amount.
  • Keep any and all records pertaining to your Support Order. Additional copies of your court orders may cost money to obtain.
  • When OCSS requests that you provide documents you are required to submit them by the stated deadlines determined in the child support notice received.
  • Contact OCSS to report any problems or issues arising on your support case (example: Arrears paid in full, spousal support obligation to end).

Become educated about your support order. You are ultimately accountable for your order. Know your rights and responsibilities and exercise them.