You are here:
Home > Child Support Services > Services
Child Support Services
Depending on the nature of the case, the Office of Child Support Services can provide one or more of the following services:
- Maintain child support records
- Establish and modify support orders
- Initiate wage withholding
- Attach wages, bank accounts, unemployment benefits, government retirement checks, federal and state income tax refunds and bonus benefits
- Assist in establishing paternity through genetic testing
- Locate absent parents responsible for support
- Assist in the enforcement of orders pertaining to health insurance
The Office of Child Support Services cannot assist with visitation, custody and/or property settlements.
Parenting Time Opportunities for Children
The Parenting Time Opportunities for Children (PTOC) Program provides parents a simplified way to establish a parenting agreement. It is for unmarried parents to help support relationships between the parents, and between parents and their children, both of which are vitally important for child well-being and stable child support payments. If interested in PTOC, parents can call 216-443-5100.
Warrant Recall Program
Parents who have a child support obligation, and have an outstanding warrant, can get a fresh start by participating in Warrant Recall Fridays
beginning Friday January 8th. Additional supportive services include driver's license reinstatement, parenting time with their child and Fatherhood Initiative programs.
What Can You Do?
The mission of the Office of Child Support Services is to get more money for more families by assisting in paternity establishment and establishing and enforcing support orders.
Be involved with your child support case. Tell us when you move, if you get a new job or if you have any other major changes in your life. Complete and updated information helps us serve you better.