You are here:
Home > Benefit Services > Online Benefit Application
Online Benefit Application
The Online Benefit Application is a Web-based tool that allows anyone in the state of Ohio to apply for food assistance, cash assistance and Medicaid online, wherever they can access a web connection, simply by logging in at http://ODJFSBenefits.ohio.gov
. For individuals or families with an existing case, this online service allows you to report household or income changes to your caseworker. The process is quick, easy and secure.
How to Apply for Online Benefits
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Online Benefit Application is a QUICK, EASY AND SECURE service that affords anyone in the state of Ohio the opportunity to apply for cash assistance, food assistance, and Medicaid online. For individuals or families with an existing case, this online service also allows you to report household or income changes to your caseworker. To access these online services go to www.ODJFSBenefits.ohio.gov.
Customers have several options available to them, such as:
- Am I Eligible? This option opens a Pre-Screening Eligibility tool that can assist Customers interested in applying for benefits.
- 'Apply for Benefits' is the link used to submit completed applications.
- 'Report My Changes' is a tool for individuals or families with existing cases.
- Reapply for Benefits: is used to submit forms needed to determine ongoing eligibility at re-application.
- And 'Complete Required Forms' can be accessed to submit information requested by your caseworker.
Apply for Benefits
Cuyahoga Job and Family Services - Office of Community Engagement have been hosting standing presentations in the community in regards to Ohio Benefits process and MAGI Medicaid changes. Community partners that have been in attendance at these events have posed multiple questions to CJFS staff in regards to the application process and more. The Office of Community Engagement has compounded a list of the questions submitted by community partners from presentations or in other forums. This list has resulted in a customer driven frequently asked question (FAQ) document for partners to reference. The link below is the first version of many to come. Please continue to ask questions as it is our mission to serve.
Medicaid including Expansion Frequently Asked Questions
Go to www.ODJFSBenefits.ohio.gov and click on “Apply for benefits”
- Each page has a help screen
- You can save your application and finish it later
- Use the buttons at the bottom of each page to move from page to page within the application
- The bar on the left side of the screen will turn green when you are done with each section
- You will receive a confirmation number and e-mail. Keep these handy when contacting your county.
- If you are using online change reporting for the first time, you will need to have a “Change Request Key”.
- The Change Request Key will be mailed to your home, please be sure the county agency has your current address. It can take up to (7) days to receive the key.
- Enter the required information.
- You will receive a confirmation number and e-mail. Keep these handy when contacting your county. Change Request Key • Click on the “Report My Changes” icon.
- Enter your case number, category and sequence number, which you can find at the bottom of any letter from your county agency.
- Click “Submit”, and you will be sent a notice that contains your 12-digit Change Request Key.
- Remember to keep your change key in a safe place for future use.
Once completed, you can electronically submit the application, and the system will generate a confirmation number and send it to you via e-mail. Keep this handy, as it will be helpful when contacting your local County Department of Jobs and Family Services (CDJFS). You can expect to be contacted by a CDJFS staffperson within 10 days regarding your application.
The confidentiality of all information is strictly protected. In addition, information submitted online is not made available to third parties for promotions of products or services.