The fastest service is through the Online Portal for Ohio Benefits

Upcoming Events

Evergreen Packaging Career Fair
CEOGC Hiring Event
Cleveland Healthcare Hiring Expo
800 Degrees Woodfired Kitchen Hiring Fair/Open House
Bon Appetit Recruitment Hiring Day
View Full Calendar

You are here: Home > Child Support Services > Enforcement > Parental Responsibilities

Parental Responsibilities (Both Custodial and Non-Custodial Parents)

  • Inform OCSS of any changes in your or the other party’s address, phone number, and/or employment status, etc.  
  • When OCSS requests that you provide documents, you are required to submit them by the deadline stated in the child support notice received.  
  • Provide OCSS with all copies of court/administrative orders which may affect your Support Order including but not limited to, changes in custody or Support Order amount.  
  • Keep any and all records pertaining to your Support Order. Additional copies of your court orders may cost money to obtain.  
  • Enroll the child in health insurance plan if you are ordered to provide medical coverage for the child by the court/OCSS.  
  • Parties should report any secondary employment in order to avoid additional withholding if unnecessary.  
  • Inform OCSS of any of the following reasons why an order should terminate including, but not limited to: emancipation of the child, death of (child or obligor), child on order is placed in the custody of Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS) or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).  
  • Provide OCSS with supporting documents to complete emancipation process such as: copy of high school diploma or withdrawal letter from school when the child reaches age 18, proof of enlistment in the armed forces, court orders showing change in legal custody or adoption of the child, and/or certificate showing marriage of the child.  
  • Custodial Parents may be required to repay an overpayment after the support order has terminated, because you are not entitled to any overpayments which you may have received in surplus of your court/administrative order.  
  • Contact OCSS to report any problems or issues arising on your support case (example: Arrears paid in full, spousal support obligation to end). 

Become educated about your support order. You are ultimately accountable for your order. Know your rights and responsibilities and exercise them.