You are here:
Home > Benefit Services > Healthy Start Medicaid
Healthy Start Medicaid
Children's Health Insurance
- Healthy Start provides free health insurance for children of low to moderate-income families with children up to age 19.
- Pregnant women and parents also are eligible to apply for health insurance. Eligibility is determined by family size and income.
- Children enrolled in Healthy Start receive care through a Managed Care Plan (MCP). The MCP provides a number of health care services, including: well-child checkups and immunizations, dental care and treatment, vision care and eyeglasses, prescribed medicine, hospitalization and emergency care. Pregnant women receive prenatal and postnatal services.
- The customer has the choice of selecting which plan they want, based on their own priorities for doctors, hospitals and convenient locations.
It is important to have “Medical Home” – this helps with preventing illnesses. It means taking one’s child to the same doctor for regular checkups, immunizations, sick visits throughout the year. It also means having access to your child’s records in one location.
How Can I Apply?
- Visit our website at www.healthystart.cuyahogacounty.us to apply online.
- Apply online at www.Benefits.Ohio.gov and click on “Apply for Benefits.”
- Call the Cuyahoga Benefits Application Hotline at (216) 416-4440.
- Visit your local Neighborhood Family Service Center
ODJFS landing page which outlines all services expected of Medicaid providers:
United Health Care CFC (also children with special needs):