You are here:
Home > Voter Registration
NEW FOR 2017 – REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE IN OHIO!
Starting in 2017, Ohioans will have an additional option to register to vote or update an address. In order to qualify to use the Ohio Secretary of State online service, voters must meet all
of the following:
- Be a U. S. citizen of the United States.
- Will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
- Will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- Are not incarcerated (in jail or in prison) for a felony conviction.
- Have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- Have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.
- Must have an Ohio Driver’s license or state I.D. (two letters and six numbers.)
To register to vote online, simply click the Ohio Secretary of State website link below and follow the instructions:
- If you do not have access to a computer, you can still update your address or register to vote at all Cuyahoga County Neighborhood and Family Services Centers (NFSC)
- To locate the nearest NFSC, click on the Neighborhood Service Center link in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen
- You can find a voter registration box with available registration cards in the waiting room at each center
- The cards will be collected by a designated county employee and hand delivered to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
- During your visit to a NFSC, you will be provided with a voter registration application and declination form
- If you need assistance filling out the voter registration form, the NVRA site coordinator can assist you. Their contact information is also posted in the waiting room
Download the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections Voter Registration Card
If you did not receive a voter registration application or notice of rights form, please contact:
If you have not received any verification of your voter registration from the county Board of Elections within 21 days from the date you registered, you may inquire on the status of your registration by contacting your county board of elections.
Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
2925 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115
Please visit the Board of Elections
website to access additional information.
If you believe someone has interfered with your right to register or decline to register to vote, your right to privacy in deciding whether to register or in applying to register to vote, or your right to choose your own political party or other political preference, you may file a complaint with the prosecuting attorney of your county or with the Secretary of State.
|Cuyahoga County Prosecutor
1200 Ontario Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114
|Ohio Secretary of State
180 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
(877) 767-6446 Toll Free or (614) 466-2585